To my Fabulous Kids,
I miss you and I love you
Dear Parents and Students:
I hope you are all doing good! This is not what anyone envisioned for our last 9 weeks of school. There are so many unknowns right now as we navigate this unchartered territory. We will continue to keep you updated with any new information as we receive it.
A few reminders for Students:
1. I miss each of you so much and are looking forward to seeing you soon! I hope that you all are safe and well.
2. It is important for you to work your brain during this time! You have all come SO far this year. Keep it up! I know it is easier to lounge around in your pajamas and play on electronics all day – but use this time wisely! Challenge yourself and give your brain the workout it deserves! 😊
3. Think of a few topics that interest you and learn about those topics. This is your time to learn freely, not according to a schedule or standards. Learn at your own pace and enjoy what you are learning!
4. Find a comfortable, quiet place and READ!
• Resources from Teachers- This is new for us and we are trying to find resources that will be the most beneficial for our students. Please help your child as needed. We do not want students to lose critical skills they have learned throughout the year.
Please check each of your child's teachers websites for assignments and resources.
WHILE YOU ARE AT HOME, PLEASE USE THESE WEBSITES THAT I THINK YOU WILL LIKE.
http://ABCmouse.com/redeem (enter code SCHOOL4855 for a free subscription)
From the Scholastic website. There are videos and articles to read.
Please get a notebook and use it as a Daily Writing Journal and write in it at least one time each day. Write the date at the top of the page and write about what you do each day and how you are feeling, You can also write about any other things you would like to write about.
While you are at home, please read on Raz-Kids, Kids A-Z. Use these instructions to log in.
Step: Go to www.kidsa-z.com
Step 2: Enter or choose the teacher's username, kelleymc10
Step 3: Find your username on the class chart
Step 4: Enter your password
I will send you assignments and you can also read whatever you would like and complete the quizzes. I will be able to monitor your reading activity and your progress on the quizzes you take.
YOU CAN ALSO READ ON EPIC FOR FREE AT HOME NOW! I will send you the information by text or email that you need to log in to our class EPIC account so I can send you assignments and I can monitor your reading activity and progress. The assignments will be in your mailbox on your EPIC when you log into our class account.