I am using ClassDojo to communicate with parents this year. Please download the app or log into your existing account and enter the code: (contact me for your child's individual code!)
About the Teacher/Welcome Msg
I am Ms. Chester, your child’s 4th grade Reading and Language Arts teacher for the 2019-2020 school year at Overpark Elementary School. I am delighted to have your child in my class this year, and I am looking forward to a very successful year, as I know you are too. I have high expectations for your child and I will be doing all that I can to help your child achieve those expectations.
M – Library (Bring book)
T – Art
W – Music
Th – P.E. (wear tennis shoes)
F – Computer
Activity 8:30 - 9:15
Lunch 11:25 -11:50
Recess 2:20 - 2:40
***THIS IS FOR EVERYONE..... not just the people that don’t have internet access. It is the workbooks that we use in class daily!
Ms. Chester's SuperstarsMar 20 4th Grade Update
Dear Parents and Students:
I hope this letter finds you well. This is not what anyone envisioned for our last 9 weeks of school. There are so many unknowns right now as we navigate this unchartered territory. We will continue to keep you updated with any new information as we receive it.
A few reminders for Students:
1. We miss each of you so much and are looking forward to seeing you soon! We hope that you all are safe and well.
2. It is important for you to work your brain during this time! You have all come SO far this year. Keep it up! I know it is easier to lounge around in your pajamas and play on electronics all day – but use this time wisely! Challenge yourself and give your brain the workout it deserves! 😊
3. Think of a few topics that interest you and learn about those topics. This is your time to learn freely, not according to a schedule or standards. Learn at your own pace and enjoy what you are learning!
4. Find a comfortable, quiet place and READ!
5. STUDY your multiplication and division facts! It is very important that we keep them fresh on our brains! Create flash cards and study with a sibling or parent!
Reminders for Parents:
• Popcorn Fundraiser – All decisions about the OES popcorn fundraiser will be decided by OES PTO. Overpark is not requiring students to continue to sell or collect money which could put them in harm’s way. However, we know that money has been collected prior to school closure. Because many of you are holding money, please contact Mrs. Zinn at 901-409-7509 about what to do with the money you have collected already. Again, safety is absolutely first, and we will not endanger a student for any reason.
• Communication – We will continue to use Class Dojo as the primary form of communication! That is where we will be posting updates, resources, and assignments for students, so make sure you are checking it daily. Feel free to message us with any questions! We are here to help during this crazy time.
• Resources from the District – The district is in the process of creating packets for each grade (math and ELA). These will be placed outside of the school and parents are welcome to drop by and pick them up! They are not available at this time, but as soon as they are, we will let you know.
• Resources from Teachers- We will continue posting assignments on Class Dojo for students. This is new for us and we are trying to find resources that will be the most beneficial for students. We do not want students to lose critical skills they have learned throughout the year. Make sure that students are reading, studying multiplication and division facts, and working on Learning Farm or IXL. Students are familiar with these websites and should not have any trouble navigating them. If there is a problem, contact the teacher. We will NOT be introducing any new standards to students; we will use this time to review and reiterate standards that have already been taught. We will address standards that have not been taught whenever students return to school.
• Return Date – As of right now, we will not return to school until APRIL 17, 2020
All reading and writing standards for the year have been taught. You can use the following websites to review:
• Learning Farm (students have an account)
• IXL (students have an account)
• brainpop.com (families can request free access with promo code BPCVFAFB3)
If you need any help or have any questions, please contact your child’s teacher through e-mail or Dojo! We are glad to help with anything during this time! Happy Quarantining 😊 stay safe and wash your hands!
-OES Fourth Grade Team