About the Teacher
- Certified Academic Language Therapist
- B.S. Mississippi State Univeristy
- M.Ed./Dyslexia Mississippi College (Orton Gillingham Based Program)
- English as a Second Language K-12
- Dyslexia Therapy K-12
- Special Education K-12
- Elementary Education K-8
- Library/Media K-12
- Orton Gillingham Based Dyslexic Therapy
- Barton Dyslexic Program
- K-6 General Education classes including self-contained and departmentalized
- 10-12th grade Occupational Sped Classes/Preschool
- K-6 CEIS intervention
- K Inclusion
- K-1 Self-Contained Self-Contained Sped
- Mother of two wonderful...currently homeschool college students
- Host mother of ...currently host homeschooled junior from Japan
- Member of Longview Point Baptist Church
I'm proud to be a 3rd grade resource/inclusion teacher at Overpark Elem. I am also privileged to help guide the future of 1st graders by holding and monitoring their IEP process. Although I work directly with third grade most of the time, parents feel free to contact me about anything regarding your first grader.
1. WILL WE STILL HAVE PREVIOUS SCHEDULED IEP MEETINGS?
I WILL BE CONTACTING YOU TO SEE IF THE ARRANGED TIME IS STILL CONVENIENT
2. WILL MEETINGS BE IN PERSON?
IF THE PARENT IS WILLING, WE WILL HAVE OUR MEETINGS VIA THE VIDEO OR CALL IN PART OF THE ZOOM PLATFORM.
MEETING SPECIFIC NEEDS:
YELLOW HALL RESOURCE:
AS MANY OF YOU KNOW, I HAVE BEEN CONTACTING ALL OF MY 3RD RESOURCE STUDENTS FOR A GOOD EMAIL ADDRESS TO SEND YOU WEEKLY MATERIAL SPECIFIC TO YOUR NEEDS. SINCE THE TWO OF YOU ARE ON OR AT GRADE LEVEL, PLEASE CHECK YOUR TEACHER'S WEBSITE AS WELL.
READING: PLEASE WORK ONE LESSON A WEEK IN YOUR IREADY WORKBOOK.
LANGUAGE: REVIEW NOUNS, VERBS, ADJECTIVES, ADVERBS, AND PRONOUNS
SPELLING: REVIEW SPELLING WORDS DONE THIS YEAR. TRY SPELLING CITY WITH THOSE WORDS
WRITING: WRITE AN OPINION PIECE ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT BEING OUT OF SCHOOL. REMEMBER TO HAVE AT LEAST 3 GOOD PARAGRAPHS. HAVE A PARENT CHECK IT FOR SPELLING AND GRAMMAR.
YELLOW HALL INCLUSION:
SINCE ALL INCLUSION ARE AT GRADE LEVEL, PLEASE CONTINUE TO CHECK YOUR TEACHER'S WEB PAGE TO DO ON LEVEL MATERIAL.
MATH: LEARN MULTIPLICATION FACTS
READING: WORK IN YOUR IREADY WORKBOOK ON GUIDED AND INDEPENDENT WORK SKIPPED
WRITING: CREATE AN INFORMATIONAL PIECE ABOUT THE CORONAVIRUS AND HOW IT IS AFFECTING THE WORLD
BLUE HALL INCLUSION
PLEASE CHECK YOUR TEACHER WEBSITES FOR ON LEVEL GRADE MATERIAL. I HAVE BEEN CONTACTING YOU AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO WITH GOAL RECOMMENDATIONS.
MATH: ADD AND SUBTRACT
READING: ANSWER WHO, WHAT , WHEN, WHERE AND HOW QUESTIONS ON GRADE LEVEL. BOOKS
WRITING: WRITE A LETTER TO A FRIEND
REMEMBER I AM HERE TO HELP!
(I WILL CONTINUE TO ADD TO THESE. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE LINKS ATTACHED WILL BE FOR VARIOUS AGES AND ABILITIES.)
Phonological Awareness Info for parents
How stuff works
National Geographic Kids
Watch Know Learn